Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Five months old

I am a busy bee on my play mat...
Chillin' on the couch
Look Dad...I am sitting up...all on my own!
Working my arm muscles...I am very strong
Mommy giving me hugs...she is amazed that I am already 5 months old!
Hey there...what's up
All smiles!
Mommy reading Goodnight Moon to me - I like to turn the pages
We read every night before bed...so much fun!
I love bath time...all clean (I like to be serious for the camera)

Baby John is 5 months old today - WOW! John continues to grow and develop in leaps and bounds. This past month he has starting making lots of new noises (razzing, smacking his lips, noises with his tongue) and continues talking up a storm...he loves to tell us all about his world. He is rolling over both ways, rotates himself all around his play mat and pushes himself where he wants to go. He is very strong and grabs toys that are hanging above him, pulls himself up to sitting and standing holding onto our fingers and has an amazing ability to reach for the things that he wants! He has found his toes and thinks it is very fun to grab them. He is sitting up - though his balance is still a work in progress for long periods of sitting. He is able to sit up from a slightly elevated position...such strong ab muscles for sure! He is very aware when something is taken from him and he looks for where it went. He loves to shake his keys and rattle toys, passes them from hand to hand and has a good arm...we are often amazed where things end up. We spend lots of time outdoors and he is certainly a fan of fresh air. He is now a little over 18 pounds and nearly 27 inches long. He is still sleeping great and has adjusted well to his crib and his own room. He has an awesome laugh and gives us many, many opportunities to enjoy it! He loves books and will sit through a whole board book with much interest and loves to grab at the book and turn the pages. He also loves his Baby Einstein videos. He has decided that Calie is hilarious and loves to pet her and talk to her...Calie is still a bit unsure of him but is very gentle with him. Happy 5 month birthday baby boy - we love you!

No comments: